Keystone

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by neversatisfiedj, Mar 1, 2006.

1. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

I used Keystone COuntry Manor today for the first time. What crap. I set one with a dead blow and cracked it in half. Very disappointed for a 10.00 a square product. I'll use Hanover Chapel Stone next time.

2. UNISCAPER

UNISCAPER LawnSite Bronze Member

The reason you had the trouble is you should not have to hit it with a dead blow hammer. Country Manor is 50% of what we install and I'll admit that you need to know the little tricks, but it is far from crap. Asthetically and used in a structural sense, there are no walls that can go 8' that look as nice.

If you oaiud $10.00 a square foot they must charge more on the east coast for it, we pay 8.05, and .21 per pin.

3. MJM landscaping

MJM landscaping LawnSite Member

Ya I like it alot. I pay $11.00 a sq ft. plus pins.

4. neversatisfiedj

No offense guys , but it SH*& . I go versa-lok everytime I can. Best product on the market ;)

5. Henry

Henry LawnSite Senior Member

We use country manor often and never have a problem with it breaking. We have received blocks that were way off on thickness though.

6. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

Try EP HENRY Coventry wall. Looks the best, but its 14-15 dollars a sq. ft. They just introduced Coventry Plus for higher walls.

7. neversatisfiedj

Yeah Ep henry nice product but the priciest also. In that range I stick with Hanover chapel stone for 12.oo a square.

8. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

In these colder temps, if you whack any block too hard it's gonna break.

Bill, why don't you need a dead blow? We typically whack all at least to some extent on the base course.

9. LANDSCAPER30

LANDSCAPER30 LawnSite Member
    from IN

Keystone here goes for 8.00/ block under 250 sq ft and 7.40 /block over 250 sq ft. Pins are .25 each. I have installed many Keystone walls and I believe they are a really great product. They make a heck of a solid wall.

10. neversatisfiedj

I have laid othe rKeystone product and they are a good product but the country manor is junk. I knew this would start some fuses. I did not care for it and that is my .02. They don't have to worry about getting my $$