Kick Backs $$$$$$$$

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by totallpm, Apr 3, 2002.

1. totallpm

totallpm LawnSite Member
    from Utah

Do any of you have to pay kick backs to property managers. I have been aproached a few times over the years for kick backs and are mostly requested under the table.

Do you have this situation ?

How do you deal with it ?

Usually I get out of them but I have noticed on occasion proposals going to others.

Kevin Total Landscaping:blob2::blob2: :blob2: :blob2: :blob2:

2. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Kickbacks? for what. Their job is to hire you- in a way you are subcontracted through them. Most are set up on a budget from the property owners and whatever they can hire the work out for and come under budget is their profit. I wouldnt give them a kickback- maybe a kick upside their frickin melon.

3. totallpm

totallpm LawnSite Member
    from Utah

I agree.

One manager did not allow us to do any extras. The only thing we could do was cut, trim edge and blow. He had all of his guys on his payroll to do the extras. He was paying 8.00 to his guys and billing the association 25.00 a hour. He was recieving 12.00 per door to manage and was to recieve no kick backs.

He was going to get his cash one way or another.

there is alot of scum out there.

Was curious if you feel you have lost bids to corrupt prop managers.

Kevin Total Landscaping

4. Krimick

Krimick LawnSite Member

I have one property manager like this, always looking for a way to get himself involved in every job. I try to limit my dealings with him to the bare minimum.

It's hard enough to make money and the property managers are already getting paid quite well.

5. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

if the truth about this and real lg accts ever came out,it would.
    NOT SURPRIZE ANYONE.not that i think they are all this way,
    but it happens.

6. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

the office i do now i used to service the pm house many years ago was called to do office and include there house in the office bid they want there yard fertilized said to put it on office bill as irrigation repair

7. f350

f350 Banned
    from mi

welcome to business 101. many shun this idea but it truly is the heart of the american economy. how do you think automotive venders move products?

8. KerryB

KerryB LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah I found out about kickbacks the hard way. I lost an apartment complex to a moonlighting cop who is sleeping with the manager. lol
    Dont think my wife would let me pay her more than the cop is.lol

9. heygrassman

heygrassman LawnSite Senior Member

Where do you stop with the dough?? Maintenance Mgr, Property manager (who in most of my dealings with other products does not make the decisions), General Manager, District Manager, VP over the DM... man this can go forever. Also you start paying one, think they talk to each other??

Would I cut the yard if they did not live onsite, eh maybe, cash i seriously doubt it.

jf

10. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

Won't do it.
    Period.