Kicking off 2013 with a new mower

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by zechstoker, Jan 2, 2013.

1. zechstoker

zechstoker LawnSite Senior Member

Finally, after numerous break downs and too much lost time (and money), we've had to retire the HRC216 and replace it with a new Exmark 21 X series today. Good riddance, Honda... You won't be missed.

Fine way to start the new year if you ask me :)

2. Toro 455

Toro 455 LawnSite Member

3. Bowhog1

Bowhog1 LawnSite Member

Hey Zech... did you get the Kawasaki powered model. My dealer has a leftover push and sp but he want knock off a dime on ether model. Did you get a good deal being off season ?

4. zechstoker

The model I got has the Kawasaki on it (FJ180V). The dealer was saying these are suppose to be priced at $1,450 (out the door price), but they're selling them for $1,400. They weren't willing to go any lower than that, so that's what we ended up spending. Did the prices go up on these things? I could've sworn they were cheaper before, but I'm not totally sure.

5. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

Geez a $1400 21" mower hope that thing last forever, and you use it a lot. I bought a $800 snapper last year and I thought I spent a lot on it, it turned out to be a good mower. Even though we needed a good 21" I wasn't about to spend over a grand for one.

6. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Ive been told that Snapper 21 no longer offers a kawasaki since Briggs and Stratton bought them out?

My Snapper 21 has a robin engine and is 12 years old, still strong and tight. However I was thinking of a new one.

7. zechstoker

$1400 seems high (still) to me too, but then again the Honda HRC216 was $1,100 when we bought it a number of years ago. This little fella should last quite a while.

On a bit of a side note, I'm kinda glad (in a way) that we didn't end up racking up a bill at that dealer like one of the other local LCO's did. The owner of the dealership was telling me that these guys recently spent $75,000 just on mowers over there.

8. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

Did they buy the or are they making payments on them?

9. zechstoker

Didn't say either way. I'd hope they're making payments though. I know they're the biggest LCO around here, but that just seems crazy to me. How many ZTR's and stand-on units can one get with 75 grand? All I know is they're using all Exmarks.

10. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

Nice mower by the way man.