Kids under 18!

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by JBlawncare, Jul 12, 2007.

1. JBlawncare

JBlawncare LawnSite Member

Hey guys I know there are alot of kids on Lawnsite and I thought we should have a thread to let each other know what equipment we have, how many accounts and stuff like that. I am 15 and I have a Ferris Hydro walk DD 48", Echo SRM 261T trimmer, Stihl Br550, and a 6x10 trailer. I do 13 residential accounts weekly, 1 commercial and usually get at least 1 a week from people on vacation. Lets see what everyone else under 18 has...

2. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

To bad they don't have a "Kids Under 18" forum. That would be the perfect place to put this thread.
    I think there is a Kids Under 18 website, but you could get arrested if you went there.;)

3. ACA L&L

ACA L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

they dont insure children. Nor do they give credit cards/credit yo minors. So how did u afford all of that expensive equip?????????and what do u pull that trailer with???????your dads truck.............Hit the books and leave this kind of work to the ones that rely on it to pay the bills. One word....taxes!

4. lawnman456

lawnman456 LawnSite Member
    from ct

well im 18 i have a 52 in scag 2006. i have a 32 toro for the yards with gates. im thinking about buying a ztr. have 2 back back blowers br 440 and br600. i hav 6x12 trailer and a 2500 gmc

i think i have fs 100 trimmer. i have little wonder 10 hp blower and a vac for my truck for leaves.

and yes i do pay taxes and insurance

5. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

All he said was what equipment he had...never said who bought it, how he gets it to the properties he serves, etc...maybe his dad helps him or maybe he has most of his lawns in his neighborhood and he can walk to them...I applaud him for being out there working and trying to make a buck - no need to knock that

6. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok i am 16 and have paid for everything on my signiture except for the truck. (mom and dad are nice and bought me it new). How i got my stuff is my parents took the loan out for me, but i have all the payments come out of my account. So yes, i have bought everything myself. As far as accounts, as of right now i have 57 accounts that i mow every week...

7. GrassyTomm

GrassyTomm LawnSite Member

No one is forcing you to pay taxes either, my friend, so maybe you should stop reporting all of your income too. And you can also risk working without insurance, if you'd like.

8. JBlawncare

JBlawncare LawnSite Member

Actually I hate guys like you because you don't know the facts and just jump to conclusions. I started with a 21" crapsman mower and I have worked my way up. I have bought EVERY piece of equipment that i have with my own money that I worked hard for. And no i don't have my own truck because i don't have my license yet but i got a good deal on a trailer and i decided to buy it. And just so you know I pay for insurance...

9. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

I just turned 17 all my equipment and truck I paid for myself. Everything I paid for the day I bought it so therefore have no payments. I pay for half of my truck insurance. I have about 10 accounts plus a few I do every 2 weeks.

10. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I am almost 17. Have a 50" Dixon and a JX75 Deere 21". Kawi trimmer, stihl edger and stihl blower. I am going to have a Walker soon, probably a 42" MTGHS. Demoed a Navigator today, I was for the most part unimpressed, but I was surprised at how good it cut knee high bermuda (2 passes=perfect cut). For the record, I buy and pay for all my stuff, if I need a loan Dad cosigns though, to get a better rate I guess. I do not have liability insurance, but plan to get that soon. Am doing roughly 20 weekly reidentials right now, but am growing steadily.