Kill Everything Alive

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Neal0301, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Neal0301

Neal0301 LawnSite Member

I need a product that i can buy at Lesco that will kill everything alive :gunsfirin , perferrably i would like to spray it down. I know there is RoundUp but i need something stronger if something comes stronger:weightlifter:. I know of one product called Prosecutor Swift if i am correct. Will this work? :confused:

Thanks
    NEAL0301 :help:

2. rider

rider LawnSite Member
    from ohio

scythe plus prosecutor

3. Neal0301

Neal0301 LawnSite Member

So i need two products to spray or just one? Honestly i only can budget one product, i know the jug of prosecutor is 133$

4. agr682

agr682 LawnSite Member

hyvar, it is made by dupont. very bad will kill and sterilize soil.

5. Neal0301

Neal0301 LawnSite Member

Is that sold at Lesco and if so how is it applied?

6. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Neal0301,

What is it you are trying to accomplish? Kill vegetation for seeding, kill vegetation and sterilize or other? Has this area ever been treated before? What types of weeds/vegetation are you looking at?

What is the size of the area you are treating and what equipment are you using?

This will help us to make a rec.

I am just North of you about an hour! Are you keeping busy down there with all the rain you have been getting? Everything up here is dying! Biggest drought in this area ever seen!

7. Neal0301

Neal0301 LawnSite Member

Ya we are doing fine, i need a drought because of the brush im trying to clear at this current job.

Where exactly are you located in Ohio?

Basically im clearing a fence like of everything, some weeds, mostly grass and it all has been trimmed low, almost scalped.

This area has never been treated before and there are no trees on the fence line.

Size= about a 50 - 75 yard long fence line. One foot off the fence line is where everything needs to be dead. What i am trying to acomplish is give me a buffer when i trim, so i dont donated hundreds of feet of line to the fence gods.

8. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I am around the Eaton area.

Are you dealing with broadleaves or are you looking at woody plants?

I use Crossbow on my fence rows...but it will not get grass. You would probably want to go back or tank mix with Glyphosate (look at label) for grass control.

This will be a very cheap mix for you to use! Crossbow and Gly are both very reasonable.

Good Luck!

9. Neal0301

Neal0301 LawnSite Member

I am dealing with mostly grass on these sprays, i have a section of fence that i am currently taking out but there are a few mature trees and such that i dont want to kill. I will have to wait on that and see how everything goes.

If you dont mind me asking. What kind of business do you do in Eaton?

10. clallen03

clallen03 LawnSite Senior Member

Prosecutor Pro should do the trick. Lesco sells it and it has never let me down. I have killed an entire lawn with this product. It doesn't matter if its a broad leaf or grass weed, this product is non-selective.

Don't rack your brain about it, it not that difficult. Just read the label, mix properly, spray, and watch it turn brown in a couple of days.