kill everything product??

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by omanitsdan, Jul 15, 2007.

1. omanitsdan

omanitsdan LawnSite Member

i have a customer who has a gravel parking area that is constantly being infested with grasses and just ugly junk. there isn't any yards nearby and it's a long way to any streams or water, so i am looking for something that will just destroy these weeds for as long as possible. it seems all those products in home depot or w/e are fairly the same, so is there anything else i can get w/o having to have a chemical engineer's liscense that works? thanks

2. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

i get this stuff from tsc tractor supply company called ameine it will kill every thing trees also. its very cheap

3. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

i use hyvar xl, good results here's the link to the lable http://www.dupont.com/ag/us/prodinfo/prodsearch/information/H65374.pdf word of caution, you will need a license to apply any chemical to someones property, and you will most likly get slamed on here for not having one. you can also try pramitol (sp?) i know you can find it at tractor supply, but i didn't like the resualts.

4. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Round up and Sahara. Sahara is a bare ground vegetation control.

5. Fertboy

Fertboy LawnSite Member

Sahara works well. We applied this to a new tennis court construction. It was applied to bare soil after the final grading, before they trucked in crush in run. The crush has been sitting there for almost 3 weeks and no weeds have emerged. We picked up the 32 oz bottles at lesco they cover 8K , we applied at 4oz/1000 with 2gpm head. Stay away from pramitol 25 (spelling) availible at SS, this stuff leaches bad and moves lateraly with rain

Ed

6. ACutAboveNC

ACutAboveNC LawnSite Member

Sahara will do the trick for bare ground vegetation . My local dealer always ask what are you going to do with the product. There was a guy in the area that killed off 12 mature trees and the ladies entire landscape with Sahara.

7. Fertboy

Fertboy LawnSite Member

Yep, all total veg control products can do that. These products really shouldn't be used in a landscape setting . Thats why the labels all basically state do not apply near landscaping or where future landscaping is anticipated. They work well for gravel drives,parking lots etc, just keep a good buffer between turf,trees etc. Especially mature trees with a large root zone way out past the drip line.

Ed

8. ATVracer

ATVracer LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

LOL....what is it 2,4-D?

9. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Roundup + pre is the safe way to go, but Sahara is a "somewhat safe" soil sterilent since it does not leach much. You have to stay completely away from tree roots nomatter what product you use.

10. ACutAboveNC

ACutAboveNC LawnSite Member

It is a good idea to stay away from tree root systems but most of what the green industry sprays is ornamental safe in non concentrated form.