Kill it all but the bermuda...

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by reachthousands, Jul 9, 2005.

1. reachthousands

reachthousands LawnSite Member

I am basically redoing my yard. I have a good amount of Bermuda trying to take over the rest of the crap I have in the yard, mostly weeds but some fescue so we decided to go with the theme.

My question is, is there anything I can spray that will kill everything except the bermuda ? I ordered Drive 75 and will do that later this week, but that will probably not kill the fescue will it ?

My plan is to spay the yard with Drive 75, aerate it, then seed heavy with bermuda.

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated, thank you.

PS. My first post :cool2:

2. sprayman73703

sprayman73703 LawnSite Member

I would get some Corsair. You have to use the higher end of the rates in the label but it will get it and most of the broadleafs and keep on kill the braodleafs for about 9 months depending on tha amount of rain you get during that time. I have said it before on this forum but I really like Corsair!!
    Good Luck

3. reachthousands

Thanks for the reply! Can I get Corsair at a lowes or HomeDepot or do I have to go to a Lesco's type place ?

4. reachthousands

Will Corsair kill the fescue as well :help:

5. sprayman73703

sprayman73703 LawnSite Member

I am not sure if lesco has their own version of corsair. I don't know much about lesco's stuff. You will hve to get it from a supplier. You shoul;d be able to get it since it is not restricted use. And yes it will get the fescue.

6. LawnJohn

LawnJohn LawnSite Member
    from Atlanta

Corsair is an "ok" product. Revolver is better, but more expensive..

Now if you choose Corsair, my recommendation is to NOT use it if you're getting torrential rains like we are in GA.. If it's been dry and you crabgrass appears stressed then I would use Corsair.

I feel a question coming on so let me explain. 8)

Corsair, like I mentioned is an "ok" product, however it's not as effective as it should be when Fescue is vigorously growing.. When the lawn is stressed from heat and lack of water, it does wonders..

Keep that in mind..

You second option is to wait until the Bermuda becomes COMPLETELY dormant then hit the fescue with Roundup.

Revolver - It doesn't matter when you use it, it'll work.

7. LawnJohn

LawnJohn LawnSite Member
    from Atlanta

Oh yeah.. Lowe's doesn't sell Corair, but Home Depot Landscape Supply (if it's in your area) may carry it, but hurry Home Depot Lanscape Supply has most of thier chemicals on clearance.

8. reachthousands

Ok, thanks for the great feedback. I will look for some "Revolver" as well, could this be at Home Depot as my Lowes doesn't carry anything worth using and Home Depot is about an hour away, and I have learned that when you call them it is 50/50 if you get ahold of someone that knows what they are talking about :dizzy:

9. Macvols

Macvols LawnSite Member

Roundup this Winter!!!!
    Mike

10. reachthousands

Thanks but we were wanting to seed bermuda this year and were told the summer time is the best as long as we water often.