1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Kill it, No kept it, Fine I'll relocate

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by Tri-City Outdoors, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Tri-City Outdoors

Tri-City Outdoors LawnSite Member

Home owner came across a tiger swallowtail caterpillar today. We suggested they leave it be. They wanted it dead. So we gladly relocated it. It now lives in our landscape.

I will admit it dose look mean. Several false eyes and a stinger looking thing.

Funny part is last year. With their suggestion we installed a small garden. Including plants the would benefit butterflies. They found it in this garden.

Figured I'd share

2. whosedog

whosedog LawnSite Senior Member

You can't fix stupid.
    When I was a kid,he biggest caterpillar I ever found was from a circropia moth,4 inches long and scary looking.I fed it lilac leaves till it cocooned then watched it turn into a beautiful moth,which I took pictures of then released because they have 3 days to find a mate before they die.

I wish I could see the colonies of hibernating Monarch butterflies,that winter in the mountains of central Mexico.I'm amazed that these monarchs travel 1,200-2,800 miles from Canada and North America,to the fir trees in Mexico's mountains.They call this generation of monarchs the Methuselah generation because the live up to 7 months which is far longer than the normal 4-6 weeks most Monarchs live.