Killer Deal

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by fyshstykr, Dec 30, 2005.

1. fyshstykr

fyshstykr LawnSite Member
    from zone 99

WOW!!!!!! Hey guys I got a killer deal (er I mean "steal") been looking @ aerators for a while and finally decided on the one, the BILLY GOAT E-Z AIR AE551, summer price $2300.00/ off season price $1700.00/. went to look at a trailer later and what did I see, that same aerator sitting a garage for sale,.
    (only used 1 season)for the grand ol price of $1000.00
    needless to say I could not get the check book out quick enough, I cannot believe I found it,had to share my good fortune with you.
    The guy was running an lco but decided to go in another direction and is going to shift some of his accounts my way, really great guy too!!!

:blob4: :blob4: :blob4: :blob4: :blob4: :blob4: :blob4: :blob4: :blob4: :blob4: :blob4: :blob4:

2. BCFLawnLandscape

BCFLawnLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

where are those guys when I need them? haha...

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Don't want to bust your bubble but we got a Billygoat a couple years ago and it sits in the shed. The reason we don't use it is because it way too hard to operate. The unit does a good job and as long as you are running in a straight line everything works great. But, if you start trying to make tight turns and hop curbs forget it. If I was doing aeration for a living this is not the unit I would buy I would want a split differential type.

4. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Agreed to a point, for small properties the Billygoat will be just fine, I have one and although ed2hess is right in saying it is hard to operate, IMO this would only apply when aerating large properties. I used the BG last fall on all props. and vowed never again with the large ones I do, I will get a large area aerator for this fall (undecided on which one or type right now). I will still use the BG for some of the smaller jobs though.

5. fyshstykr

fyshstykr LawnSite Member
    from zone 99

Still cannot beat the price though, I can take the abuse I hope, If not I will sell it (make some $$$$$) and buy another. what other aerators are you referring to?