1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Killing Bermuda before overseeding season.

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by eiorg9, Aug 18, 2012.

1. eiorg9

eiorg9 LawnSite Member

I own a Landscaping company in East Tennessee and we are prepping the lawns now so that we can over seed the lawns here in about a month. So i am currently trying to kill the Bermuda and i just wanted to see who had the best method because while i have had success in the past by using a seed slitter and just ripping the roots out, i just cant seem to permanently get rid of the stuff. I am planning on trying to spray prosecutor first and then just seeding the crap out of it. Ive heard a lot of people use that to kill Bermuda. I know all about how the stuff travels and realize its a constant battle but i want to beat it in the yards i can. I appreciate any information or ideas that you all might have.
  2. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

2oz per gallon of roundup 2-3 apps
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. Brett Thomas

Brett Thomas LawnSite Member

Fusilade II t/o on non home lawns but page 31 on the label is confusing to me under general precautions. It works better than rd/up but it must be put out with precision.