Killing The Business..

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cwmiller928, Feb 25, 2008.

1. cwmiller928

cwmiller928 LawnSite Member

I was out today and i saw a sign zip tied to a metal pole that read. "Lawncare u set the price xxx-xxxx" How are these idiots doing this to themselves. Its killing they industry. What do you guys think?

2. Earthworks Landscaping

Earthworks Landscaping LawnSite Member

I would call this guy and sub contract all of my work for $5.00 a lawn.....But for real, this guy won't last long. Back to the factory for him!!

3. cfrymow

cfrymow LawnSite Member

Try to call them to get a estimate on a friends yard or something and see what they will go for, price wise.

4. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

That is a good idea. :waving:

5. cwmiller928

cwmiller928 LawnSite Member

I'm going to call him and have him come so i can tell him he can mow my yard for $4.00. But really i'll see what he says and get back to you guys.

6. greenbaylawns

greenbaylawns LawnSite Senior Member

Next time cut it off the pole, cut that trash off them poles and make us all proud

7. THRIFTY

THRIFTY LawnSite Member
    from (913)

Seriously DO IT! When ever I see BS like that I rip it down...It's business Haha....

8. cfrymow

cfrymow LawnSite Member

Rip It Down :usflag:

9. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

You set the price huh? Wow, could you send him out to one of your multi acre properties and pay him like 3.50 and tell him you're on a tight budget and see if he'll take a post dated check? Im shocked this is going on.

10. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

Must be a Missouri Marketing Plan. I saw that sign down here (Spfld) for yard clean ups after last year.