Kind of dissapointed....

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by dafreak, May 2, 2006.

1. dafreak

dafreak LawnSite Member

Mowed today and had to mow twice with my MFT. What can i do-mulch kit, gator blades, fusion blades? Also, my honda motor goes up and down (in and out) in sound, is this normal? Its almost like it doesnt have full power. Does not run at one sound level?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

What were the conditions? wet? dry? how much were you taking off? how fast were you going?
    Need to know some details...
    Sounds like your engine may be surging? have you called your dealer? it may need a throttle or carburetor adjustment.
    E-mail me and I will get our customer service department on this ASAP..

Pj

3. dafreak

dafreak LawnSite Member

I sent you an email. Would fusion blades or gators help with the cutting?

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I have your e-mail.
    Fusions or Gators could help in some conditions, but I doubt they would do anything for what your explaining here.

Pj

5. XMT&RCV

XMT&RCV LawnSite Member
    from 28532

Well, I didn't have to mow over everything again... but the left blade seems to miss grass... its like once the balde gets to a certain turn it disappears for a second and reappears.. its really weird.. its a new mower with less than 5hrs.. and speaking of that. my dealer told me 10hrs nothing about 5hrs I found that in the manual... is he telling people something that will void the warranty?

Tucker~

6. dafreak

dafreak LawnSite Member

Am I going to hear from someone regarding these issues?

7. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

You should of yesterday.
    Patten was contacted.
    Let me know.

Pj

8. dafreak

dafreak LawnSite Member

Nope, nothing. I called and left a message today and no return call. Ill give it until Monday and then I think we need to come up with a different solution. I am already looking at other mowers again.

9. marc

marc LawnSite Member

Tucker, check out my thread that I posted on 4-28-06 concerning missins grass on my left side of the mower. Brand new xr7 60 in 26 kaw, two of them and I am leaving a ridge of uncut grass. I think hustler has a problem with the blade on the left. Although, you are the only one that has complained about it along with me. I will be talking to pj more as well as my dealer soon Keeping watching and if you hear anything. please let me know. Marc

10. marc

marc LawnSite Member

dafreak, I see you are from Ill. and your dealer is Patten. I am in Sycamore, Il. Please let me know if you are having any more problems with ucut grass as I am currently working with my dealer and PJ on my issue with the left blade. Marc.