Kinda weird, never happened before

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mtdman, Aug 4, 2003.

1. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Somewhere along the way to work today I managed to somehow clip a bird with the gate of my trailer. It stuck right to the metal. I saw something stuck to the gate, but I figured it was a leaf or piece of trash or something. When I went to unload at the first stop, low and behold it was a little black and yellow bird. I felt really bad. Never cought a bird with the trailer gate.

Here's the Link. Didn't want to post it, it's kinda weird.
  2. Navig8r

Navig8r LawnSite Senior Member

I hope PETA doesn't see this....they'll want us to stop runnin mesh gates! LOL

I never did that, but I had a small (un-identified) bird fly out from the side of the road, and into the front of my truck once........ changing the air filter a few months later, it and the air box were full of feathers!
  3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

right now we are on a record of 2 weeks straight of hitting a bird every other day...its not like I am trying to hit least I don't think that I am:D
  4. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky LawnSite Member

I think you guys are just a bunch of bird haters. In fact if the truth be known.... you probably put birdseed on your trailers every morning just trying to lure some poor helpless bird to his death.

I wonder what is the bag limit on bird hunting with with an expanded metal tailgate.

I will most likely hit one myself tommorrow on the way to work.

P.S.----I bet it tastes like chicken:angel:
  5. mpflood

mpflood LawnSite Member

That looks like someones pet. LOL
  6. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

I think that's a finch.
    Last year, a large hen turkey crossed the road in front of me. Hit the grill of my pickup, and broke it. Felt like a cannonball hitting the truck, glad she wasn't flying high enough to hit the windshield.
    The meat was too bruised to eat. What a waste. :(
  7. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

birds and trailers are no big deal.

dogs and that's a big deal!

sometimes they don't notice the trailer after they quit chasing the truck...and then KA-BUMP!:angel:

8. jbrink01

jbrink01 LawnSite Member

Numerous birds, strangest was when one stuck to the truck antenna at 70 MPH. Several cats, a poodle, couple possums and an 8 point, 200+ pound field dressed deer.
  9. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Animals and vehicles moving at a rapid pace don't mix. At least this bird didn't do any damage to anything. Not a pretty sight to see first hand I am sure.

10. chipk1

chipk1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Had a duck fly into my windshield about a month ago. Needless to say, had to replace the windshield.