King Lawn and Snow Scam

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by akp, May 18, 2010.

Tags:
  1. akp

akp LawnSite Member

Does anyone know if King Lawn and Snow out of Northville, MI is legit? I hired them to do some lawn mowing, paid them up front to save 20%, plus the contract says I get free snow removal next season as part of it, and they haven't come out to mow the yard in 2 weeks and won't return any of our calls. Anyone else have a similar experience?

2. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

3. Outdoors_Unlimited

Outdoors_Unlimited LawnSite Senior Member

We were thinking they would make it till june. Guess they didn't even make it to may, let alone till winter. Sounds like its time to start running ads wherever they were advertising.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. PPS.inc

PPS.inc LawnSite Member
    from Earth

If they are giving you free snow removal that should have been the red flag. Esp. when coming from Northville out to Milford. Good luck and if your in need of some help around the property let me knw. I am in your area. No free services. paid up-front or not.

5. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

I got this gal in nigeria thats offering me millions of dollars all I need to do is send her my bank account info. think its OK to do????

lets repeat the mantra

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is....

6. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Personally I feel bad for the original poster. It looks like he got taken. Can anybody provide any useful information to help them out?

7. akp

akp LawnSite Member

Thank you Darryl! So to everyone else - unless you have some useful advice or something that is going to help, or have had an experience with this company, please don't make me feel any worse than I already do.

8. AOD

AOD LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like scam materiel to me. I'd try and grab some of those accounts too, but I'm about 7 counties away!

9. AllSeasonServices

AllSeasonServices LawnSite Member

Go to the authorities. odds are if this is a scam your not the only one... Unfortunately even if they get the guy you probably wont get your $ back.
    And next time you hire someone, remember the is a huge difference between a good price and a cheap price.
    You got a cheap price was it worth it.

10. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry.......