1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

King Lawn and Snow Scam

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by akp, May 18, 2010.

Tags:
  1. coughlin47

coughlin47 LawnSite Member

I know exactly how you feel, and hopefully others will learn from this by you coming forward. I was taken, 'hook line and sinker' by a scam when I sold a $400 camera lens. I absolutely knew better, but was taken by the friendliness of the person I was selling to, and the fact that they did a great job faking a couple of paypal emails. I absolutley knew better when I shipped the lens, to all places - Nigeria! Yes, stupid, stupid, stupid ... If my kids had done that I would have slapped them on the side of the head (well, not really, but I would have made them feel bad :) It's a shame that we have to be suspicous of everything these days ... but that's reality - too many people trying to take advantage of trusting people - and the down economy is just making things worse.
    Bill

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Well it is summer, here in VA we've been in a drought, not sure about Michigan but
    in my area most of my yards won't need it for at least a month.

You've waited two whole weeks, big deal.

Granted I usually call around to let my customers know.

But have they come out at all?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2010