Kioti DK35, Deutz Agrokid 45, Kubota L4200 which to choose?

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by Airwave, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Airwave

Airwave LawnSite Member
    from Ireland

Hi all,

Tractors Tractors Tractors, ok went to a dealer today and have narrowed choice down to these 3

Deutz Agrokid 45 - 1400hrs 9600 euros
    Kubota L4200 with Kubota loader- 3300hrs 10900 euros
    Kioti DK35 with front loader - new 19500 euros

So I am just looking for feedback on this to see which would be a good buy. I am steering more towards the Kubota because it is an all in package just the hrs concerns me as 3300 seems a lot. I have to say I was like a kid in a candy store so many nice shiny tractors everywhere just need to make a decision which will be the best to use on a Harley T6 Rake.

Thanks for the replies in advance,

Darren

2. haybaler

haybaler LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

kubota all the way. I have a L4200GST and love it. just make sure it's not a gray market tractor. go to Kubota's web site and they will tell you how to figure it out. I wouldn't worry about the hours, as long as it was well maintained. also it is super easy to throw a set of rings and rod bearings in this tractor.

3. Airwave

Airwave LawnSite Member
    from Ireland

It is not on the list so presume it to be ok and not sure how they stand on gray market here in Ireland.

4. muddstopper

muddstopper LawnSite Silver Member

Is the Deutz Agrokid 45 one with the air cooled engines. Those engines run forever, and are easy on fuel, but not a good choice if you plan on running a bush hog. Also some Duetz Fahr tractors have brakes on all four wheels instead of just the back tires. This might be a consideration if you work on steep, slick terrain.

I would opt for a tractor with a loader, you never run out of uses for it, especailly if you need to hual off all those rocks you mentioned.

5. Airwave

Airwave LawnSite Member
    from Ireland

Yes the loader is a definite must have which ever I choose. I am 99% sure it is a liquid cooled engine but will have to talk to dealer to double check. I wont be doing any bush hogging although i love the sound of it 'bush hogging' cool lol. Seriously though all good advice thanks.

6. Airwave

Airwave LawnSite Member
    from Ireland

Got the demo today of the landpride rake wow finally can see potential in this unit. Have ordered one straight away only prob have not got a tractor for it and now have been offered a very good deal on a Massey Ferguson 1540 brand new with loader so still not sure which direction I should go new or second hand the guy doing the demo is offering me a deal on the LS tractor which I think is sold in the US under the Montana brand..so any help please feel free to give advice.

7. haybaler

haybaler LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

just make sure whatever tractor you buy you can easily get parts for. you'll be able to get parts for kubota forever and they have high resale value. you can parts online too, but if you don't do your own repairs make sure theres a dealer you like close by. dont' just talk to the salesman when buying a tractor go out in the shop and talk to the mechanics, also get refrences from people about the dealership, sometimes there more important then what brand you get.

8. Airwave

Airwave LawnSite Member
    from Ireland

Sound advice I have been looking around not to many local dealers the Massey guy is closest only 10 mins away. Although the other dealers all have mechanics on the road and will offer replacement vehicles if needed. Have to say I do like the hydrostatic models I feel I do enough gear changes in my van everyday it is a shame the Kubota I am looking at isnt hst. I am just trying to be as cautious as possible but I need to make a decision asap as i have a tonne of lawns to do.

9. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

You dont want an air cooled diesel, unless you find ear protection to be comfortable. Go kubota you will never regret it.

10. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

Airwave....I have had a MF tractor and although it served me well over the years, parts and labor were very expensive. I have owned 3 kubota tractors.....I keep trading in and stepping up.....and find them (Kubota) to be awesome. I have a 4330 with HST with a full cab and have found this to be great.