kioti tractor

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by pd002, Oct 28, 2003.

1. pd002

pd002 LawnSite Member

the kioti dk45 tractor is a workhorse that puts the big 3 to shame at a much lower cost. i'm sure there are many opinions.

2. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

My father just bought a Kioti last spring. Can't remember what model or size. He looked at JD, Kubota, New Holland, and Massey. He ruled out JD, NH, and the Massey due to the price difference. So it was down to the Kioti and Kubota. THey were neck and neck as far as specs. The Kioti was 3500 cheaper and weighed 700lbs. more than the Kubota.

3. Potchkins

Potchkins LawnSite Senior Member

kubota for dealer service
    and parts availability

4. Planet Landscaping

Planet Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Resale? Long term reliability? Parts?

5. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I had a LB1914. I had problems with mine.
    It had about 600 hours on it, when I got rid of it.

One thing to be sure to check is do they have separate hydro pumps for steering and hydralics?

Mine ran off of same pump, and the steering was going out in mine. :(

Something was wrong with the tranny in mine also..it would "lock up" in gear...and sometimes would jump out of gear.

The newer models might be improved. :confused:

6. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

MTD bought Kioti tracs about a yr. go so they could have a larger more hp. trac in there line up

7. pd002

pd002 LawnSite Member

My DK 45 is still pretty new. So far it has performed everything that i have asked. I am close to a dealer so i dont see parts and service being a problem. The DK series is much different than the LB. There is more than enough hydro capacity to go around i also run a backhoe off the main pump. This is the largest tractor that i have owned and I am impressed by how easily it does work compared to other compacts. If you like kubota you will like this tractor its hard to tell them apart. H.P.=fun.

8. DMR&Co

DMR&Co LawnSite Member
    from CT

I have a Kioti LK3054 TLB with about 130 hrs on it and I'd put it up against the top three any day and have no reservations that it will meet or most likely exceed any of them. The only differents is I have a Koyker 155 loader which has a greater lift compacity than the oem loader. As far as MTD buying Kioti I've never heard that if this is true please post where the info can be found. Kioti is a 100% Korean owned company and they make nearly 100% of the parts at there own factory in Korea that go into their tractors. Most of their attachments are built by other companies. Kioti does build tractors for some of the other companies like mahindra. Kioti has been building tractors since the late 50's early 60's and has marketed them in the US since the mid 80's. Every time I use the tractor and I use it commercialy it never stops impressing me.

9. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

My brother designs the owners manuals for mtd products. I was at the corperate office in cleveland and they had about 15 brand new Kioti's sitting in crates. That when he told me MTD bought them and I have seen the manuals he had to design for them.
    I do not know if there web page mentions it or not, and they are still being made in Korea as before only diff. now is MTD will do all it can to cheapen the price & quility of machine. As soon as they finish manuals and engineers go over machines the emploees get a chance to buy them and my brother usually gets first crack at sale. I've bought alot of MTD products new for pennys on the dollars and just waiting for my Kioti. Although not a fan of them I'm not against making a few thousand on one.

Mac

10. JCLandWerks

JCLandWerks LawnSite Member

They are better than the Nor-Trac or Farm Pro's but for Resale, parts and service your best bet would be Kubota or JD.