Kioti Tractors

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by lwcmattlifter, Feb 16, 2008.

1. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Can anyone tell me about Kioti tractors. I'm thinking about buying a LK3054. It seems like a great tractor for the money. I'm planning on using this tractor for some backhoe work, light grading, aerations and seeding. Any thoughts are welcome.

2. dixieseller

dixieseller LawnSite Member

I sold these back in the 90's then the Koreans took over distribution an wanted dealers to hanle full line up to 65HP. They are the old(pre1979) Kabota built in Korea. Do you have a dealer local to you?

3. lwcmattlifter

from NC

Yes, there are two within an 45 min drive. So what your saying is these are 70's era Kubotas sold with a Kioti badge?

4. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

No, they are clones. Kioti just used old Kubota technology so they did not run afowl of patent laws. They are not rebadged Kubotas.

5. DK35vince

DK35vince LawnSite Member

When did you last look at the Kioti models ?
    It must have been many years ago !!
    The current models are as up to date and modern as any

6. DK35vince

DK35vince LawnSite Member

That tractor should work fine for your uses.
    I own a 2001 Kioti DK 35. I've put just under 1100 hours on this machine, no problems. I've been real pleased with this tractor.
    www.kiotitractor.com

7. lwcmattlifter

from NC

Can anyone recommend a backhoe? Kioti, Woods, Bradco, what else is out there. Subframe mount and PTO driven pump is a must.

8. MONTE

MONTE LawnSite Senior Member

Take a look at Long on the backhoe! Or better known as Farmtrac

9. coobie

coobie LawnSite Member

I bought a new 2008 Kioti DK40se with a KL401 loader.IMHO these a very nice well made tractors.I looked at Mahindra 4110,kubota grand L3940,4240 and a few others.The Kioti was $2,800 less than the Mahindra 4110 & $7,000 cheaper than the Kubota 4240.Do some reading at www.tractorbynet.com coobie

10. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

The LK3054 is available as a TLB package. It is a little "old school" compared to the CK and DK models. It as a shuttle shift (no HST available) but from what I've read it's a solid and reliable model. I have a Woods Groundbreaker series backhoe on my CK20. It's a little bit bigger and stronger than the Kioti backhoe and has a thumb. However, I've never heard of anyone being disappointed in the Kioti backhoe.
    There's nothing really wrong with a PTO pump, but IMO its an extra expense you really don't need. The hydraulics on my CK20 have plenty of power and speed to run the backhoe and I suspect other models are the same way.