1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Kioti Tractors

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by Travis Followell, Nov 27, 2004.

1. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I'm not in the market for a tractor or anything but I just wondered what everyone's opinions were on these tractors. I have a new dealer close by who has had a couple of demo days and i've got a chance to drive some of these tractors and I am convinced that they are excellent machines with an excellent dealer to back them up.
  2. DK35vince

DK35vince LawnSite Member

I have owned a Kioti DK 35 for 3 years now and I have been very happy with it.
    It had lots of standard features like syncronized shuttle transmission, tilt steering, foldable ROPs, adjustable and reclinable seat, rear remotes, rear work light, position and draft control, independant PTO, mid PTO, extendable lower link arms on the 3 point, Etc.
    I also have the skid steer style quick attach and heavy duty bucket.
    It has worked great for me with no problems so far.
  3. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Out of curiosity how many hours in the 3 years?
  4. DK35vince

This is my personal use tractor.I also have an 8 1/2' backhoe for it.
    I've used it to clear my 15 acres of overgrown field to build a new house.
    I've used it to build my driveway, backfill and level around the new house, dig the foundation for a pole barn, dig and backfill all my utility ditchs (around 1500' total), dig and backfill around 800' of drainage ditch's.
    It is also my primary lawn mower for 6 acres of lawn (brush mow the other 9).
    I have somewhere around 420 hours on it .
  5. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Sounds like a good machine if it can handle all that. Always wondered how they compared to Kubota. If you have had that good of performance so far it seems that they are great machine. Any problems getting parts? Do they come from Korea or from the US plant?
  6. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

When I buy a compact tractor it will be a Kioti.
    A good value in my mind.
  7. DK35vince

I haven't needed any parts yet other than filters.
    I did order a second set of rear remotes (the tractor came with 1 set) and a canopy, no problem with parts there. I don't forsee any problem with getting parts.
    The tractors are built by DaeDong in South Korea and assembled in the US.
  8. lndscpe

lndscpe LawnSite Member

Just a quick reply to this thread, I have had great service from my DK35! and would buy another in a heart beat! :D DK 35 2002 model, 340+ hours
  9. Guthrie&Co

Guthrie&Co LawnSite Senior Member
    from nc

my opinion is that they are junk. not user friendly for the long legged big man and from what i have seen they tend to tear up alot. but this is just from what i have seen and probably not the case with most owners. at our place we have a kioti and a jd. the jd works circles around it and is ten times the tractor. you get what you pay for

UNISCAPER LawnSite Bronze Member

Here is the problem you will find with any foriegn made piece of anything. When it breaks, and yes it is going to break, you will wait forever and a day to get replacement parts. Kubota is now making some big plant on the East coast and I would look for that to change somewhat, but, we still would never buy one.

For tractors, I stick to the Ford 545D 4x4 with an 8x8 shuttle shift. You can't kill it, and the only thing you will ever need is filters and tires.