1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Kiril, Mudd, ICT this should intrest you!

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by Barefoot James, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Barefoot James

Barefoot James LawnSite Senior Member

"Calcium and Magnesium are the foundation Cation's that are alkaline positive charged Cation's that must dominate the saturation of the Cation Exchange Sites of a soil. The most important material for providing the Electronegativity of a soil (the Cation Exchange Capacity of a soil) and the ability to hold onto these base and acid cation's is the biomolecule called Humus - the Humic Acids."
  2. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

Says who???
    Sounds like a humic acid salesman to me :rolleyes:

Don't believe everything you hear, it depends on the conditions of the soil that you are working with, it may not even be soil, it could just be dirt

Bulk soil and rhizosphere soil are 2 different things
  3. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson LawnSite Senior Member

4. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like an answer to an exam question. Out of 10 points, I give it a 3.
  5. Grohorganic

Grohorganic LawnSite Member

there is some great debate on this one just as we speak. some are less inclined to see them as they are,IMO

and the test question answer; belly flop.LOL
  6. turfbuilder

turfbuilder LawnSite Senior Member
    from WI

I want to begin to offer organic fertilization to my clients that want it. But I have to tell you guys this forum can get pretty confusing on which product or which application works. Seems like nothing but arguing and different opinions. :usflag:
  7. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

certainly different opinions, that is because of background and location, Mr Gro on here has a 12 month season, you on the otherhand have a 6 month season. He works with warm season grasses, you with cool season grasses.

What works for you may not work for him. Excuse the blatent plug for our company

Just move your program over to our product line to begin with and then move from there. That is how several on here have started, half of them grow their own worms now. It is an easy place to start and will give you good to great results

I prefer soluble humate, vermicompost is the bomb, I make during the summer in my backyard. I haven't had the courage to bring them indoors for winter
  8. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Everything begins and ends with your soil. Build good soil structure while increasing natural nutrient retention and turnover and you have won half of the battle.
  9. starry night

starry night LawnSite Silver Member

We all have so much to learn! And we (if I may include me as a relative newcomer) are all passionate about this subject! So let the arguing and the different opinions continue. We'll get it right eventually.

I noticed that TruGreen raked in $1.4 billion in 2008. That's a huge market for us to tap into.

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

i use Elmer's glue