1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Kleen Kutz Lawn Care Services, LLC 2012 Pictures

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Kleen Kutz, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Kleen Kutz

Kleen Kutz LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ama,La

That sounds good! 72 is a lot, you'll need a at 2-3 other guys to help you out with that. Good luck!!!

2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Yea plan is to make my brother a supervisor. Each of us run a truck/trailer. Each truck would be me/brother + two trim guys.

3. Kleen Kutz

from Ama,La

Sounds like the same plan I have now. Good luck on finding good dependable help. It's hard to find that. Everybody want money but don't wanna work for it. Or just work a few weeks for a check or two then quit.

4. GreenConcepts

GreenConcepts LawnSite Member

Sounds like we have all been hiring the same people.

5. Kleen Kutz

from Ama,La

Man it's really hard to find good help out here. But I'll find some real soon!!! You gotta have FAITH🙏

6. GreenConcepts

GreenConcepts LawnSite Member

I have one VERY good guy, one good guy, and two new guys. My two new guys have been with me for almost three weeks now and one has a great work ethic, but needs more time. Not sure about the other one, but its mostly on him right now I as I feel he is capable.

We went through a period this summer where we were going through them like ice in the sun. Some guys didnt make it to lunch time. I can usually tell if they are going to work out in about five minutes. Some can hide it a little longer, and the rest work out.

If I knew the magic formula for keeping people I'd sell it for millions. Because it is NOT paying more per hour. Unless of course, that is accompanied by a three hour work day and paid vacations.

7. Kleen Kutz

from Ama,La

Huh! You can say that again. :laugh:

8. QLM

QLM LawnSite Senior Member

Hate to say it guys but I have found working with guys that are already employed and not getting enough hours works well. I'm in New Orleans summer is slow in the tourism jobs. I have 4 different helpers that are available different days. They all let me low whatbdays they are available a week ahead of time. They all do kitchen work so the heat is no problem for them but they are not getting enough hours at their jobs in the summer. I know it is a real fix to my help problems but it is working now. Gotta think outside the box to keep going sometimes.

9. Kleen Kutz

from Ama,La

Another thing I thought about doing is using some of the older high school kids in the summer time also. At least I know I can use the for about 2.5 months for sure.

10. noahb195

noahb195 LawnSite Senior Member

I wish guys around here thought like that.