KM 110 STIHL KombiSystem

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Live4Mowin', Jun 29, 2003.

1. Live4Mowin'

Live4Mowin' LawnSite Member

I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with this machine. If so could I get the pros and cons.

2. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I don't have KM 110 but I have KM 85 R power head with brushcutter handle and connector, it rocks!
    Starting on second pull and once it is warm, the engine screams with very powerful power. Little bit heavy but I don't feel much cause after riding on 400-500 lbs WB /sulky...you can handle any weight...*smiling*
    I think the 110 is a step over 85...so I guess it must be as good as the 85 series.

3. jwilson32

jwilson32 LawnSite Member

I have a 110 4-mix and love it. Its 31cc of pure power, yet i can still use it for trimming in delicate places. it almost always starts on the first pull, even in the morning when i first fire it up.

4. Live4Mowin'

Hey MTR,

I was wondering how much you paid for the KM 85 R?

5. MTR

from Florida

I got it new @ $ 260.00, like 3 months ago...cause my original FS 85 combi was so heavily relied on that I need additional powerhead for hooking up with hedgetrimmer ext, and pruner ext, so far this things are worth every penny. You won't be disappointed.

6. Live4Mowin'

Thanks for the input guys! I think Im going to look into the KM 85 R a little more.

7. Live4Mowin'

could you tell me the approx. price of the attachments?

8. MTR

from Florida

a fixed hedgetrimmer ext is $149.00, it works wonder! I can reach high, tall tree and thick hedge with ease without walking into bushes. It is a must in order to keep property neat every month. The hand held hedgetrimmer is very good but I have lots of thick and tall hedge, so KM 85 R and hedge ext is the best tool for the job.

9. Live4Mowin'

does the KM 85 R come with the string trimmer head?