1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Knob hangers for non-knob doors?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Ravenwood Landscaping, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Ravenwood Landscaping

Ravenwood Landscaping LawnSite Member

I have been putting out door knob hangers but I've been getting into more and more neighborhoods where the doors have handles instead of knobs. Anyone have a good method for hanging the hangers from those without causing the homeowner to get mad something is tied to their door. I was thinking a twist tie twisted once so that it's easy to remove but I thought I'd solicit other ideas.
  2. jdmcat

jdmcat LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

you can slide them into the jamb or curl them up under the handle
  3. Dave_005

Dave_005 LawnSite Senior Member

I put out my flyers every year mid march if they are home i try and talk to them directly and give them the flyer if they are not home i simply tape my flyers to the door. works good for me
  4. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

The door hangers I use will hang on a handle. There is a circular punch through the paper, with an angled cut towards the top right corner. Just slide that cut portion over the handle.
  5. JohnnyCuts

JohnnyCuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

slide them in the door jamb
  6. magland

magland LawnSite Member

We always curl them under the handle. If that doesn't work, then we just skip the house. Taking the time to untwist a twist-tie might annoy some people. However, it may also be a good way for your flyers to actually be read instead of crumpled up like mine usually are.
  7. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, but they can easily be blown off with a slight breeze. If there is a knob they don't blow off. What I do hang the door hanger on the handle and slip one of the bottom corners between the door and the jamb.