knobs on Deere 250

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Fieldman12, Aug 24, 2007.

1. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

What are the knobs for on each side of the machine when you raise the cab up for? Is it for brake adjustment or hydraulic flow? I was wondering because at times I wish the bucket would curl a little slower when doing fine work. I need to go buy me a repair manual to get me up on things. I figured it was for the hydraulics that steer each side of the machine. I did not really look at it close to see as to where it went.

2. cat2

cat2 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Mi

I think to adjust the steering

3. JDSKIDSTEER

JDSKIDSTEER LawnSite Bronze Member

I am not sure which knobs you are talking about, but I know about the bucket control being to quick. Deere has corrected that on the 300 series. I always hated trying to unload a truck with a 300 series with pallet forks. I do not think there is an adjustment for that.

4. Fieldman12

If you raise the cab up real close on each side of the machine not far from where the yakem sticks would set there is a knob on each side of the machine. I'm guessing for the hydraulic steering.

5. JDSKIDSTEER

I will check monday, but I am pretty sure not for steering. They are on the plates one in front of the other on the pumps I believe.

6. Fieldman12

Cool, that will work.

7. Fieldman12

Surely they are not some type of vent tube for each side. I guess I should have looked closer at them. One had a little dust and hydraulic oil on the top. I guess I will have to flip the top up and take a closer look sometime. They was no writing on them that I saw.

8. JDSKIDSTEER

I have one with the cab uo in the shop. I will look Monday. I will know when I see them.

9. Fieldman12

I was just looking online at the John Deere parts catalog. Took me a good while to find but I'm thinking it is a breather on both sides(p/n 340381) that looks like a knob if you don't look closely. If you can let me know for sure that would be great.

10. JDSKIDSTEER

Series II has breather for the chain case on each side.