Knockout Rose problem!!!

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by ron mexico75, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Jcl4slc

Jcl4slc LawnSite Senior Member

That is voles damage. Tell this customer this. It has nothing to do with you or your business. This is on him. I wouldn't waste my time doing anything to these roses besides hauling them off. Even if you can replant them and root stimulate them, they are gonna look like crap for a season of two. Toss them and put new ones in. It's not like he has 100. In the pic there are three or four. Your looking at 80 dollars in roses tops. If the customer doesn't want to pay that. Tell him peace

2. windflower

windflower LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd replace them. Bring the originals home, cut the top back and put them in pots of perlite. Easier to keep an eye on them. I don't have a lot of hope for them.

3. ron mexico75

ron mexico75 LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok guys! Much appreciated. I think I went into it thinking if they were MY roses, here is what I would do. Now I've had time to think and consider some of your helpful responses. I think that would be the best decision, just replace them. Then maybe I can "up sell" him on a monthly mole/vole deterrent? Guess I could offer it. Need to tell him to walk his property more often and look for the vole holes and soft lumpy mulch.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Jcl4slc

Jcl4slc LawnSite Senior Member

Good choice. You can't let your home be eaten by termites and blame the builder.