Know anything about John Deere

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Shawnhines, Oct 20, 2006.

1. Shawnhines

Shawnhines LawnSite Member

I am looking for info on the John Deere's Quik-Trak Mower. Anyone used them? How do you like them? What don't you like about them? Do they have any way to have baggers put on them?

Thanks for you input

Shawn

2. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

I have a JD 727, but I have never used a Quik-Trak. I have looked at them though. They are about the same as a Mini-Z, just with the engine moved forward and a standing platform on the rear. You should be able to put baggers like the Accelerator on that deck. It is the same deck that is on the Z-Trns. i hope this helps, a little....

3. Shawnhines

Yeah it does thanks for the info

4. OnMyOwn

OnMyOwn LawnSite Senior Member

Had one...Sold one...QUICK!!!

I did not care for the ride, or the handling on small hill sides. It would be great on wide open flat spaces. The handling was good, but I did not care for the stiff ride on my lower back.

5. Shawnhines

Thanks I will take that when I go to the dealer, I have been thinking of a walk behind and get a sulky to ride on

6. A.D Services

A.D Services LawnSite Member

those are pretty good they are supposed to be more efficient than a zero turn ive demoed both the zt and the QT and the Qt was faster sure it may not have a smooth ride but its worth it because it is short in length and is easier to see around and is much safer when doing hills cause you can just jump off if needed and very easy to maintain. i plan on buying one next year

7. stroker51

stroker51 LawnSite Senior Member

I ran one quite a bit this summer, and I think I'm going to buy a 54" next spring. Yes, they are a little hard on the back and knees if you spend a lot of time on them, but I have my Z-trak too. They do a real nice job of cutting, but do not hold a hill very well. I know that my Z-trak will hang onto a hill much more comfortably than a Quik Trak. Good luck with your purchase, you will absolutely love the 7 Iron II deck.

8. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I bought the 647 Quick Trak this year. For the first 10 hrs, I hated it. My back was sore after a an hour of use. Someone on here suggested to lower the rear tire pressure a bit and what a difference that made. I have almost 100 hrs hours on it now and no way would I sell it. The only bagger that is listed for it is the metal type that goes on the deck, i'm not a big fan of those. There is a member on here who posted a pic of a powerflow bagger that he adapted to use on his quick trak. I have a extra 2 bag power flow unit laying around so this winter it will be mated up with my Quick Trak. Here is a picture of another members quick trak thathe built a custom mount for a 3 bag powerflow. Again this is not mine.

IMG_2304.JPG

Attached Files:

9. walker/redmax

walker/redmax LawnSite Senior Member

Hmmmmmmmmmm, let me see, John Deere. . .never hear of 'em!:laugh:
    In general, they make good products but they are one of the worst companies in the world. Their customer service is not the best and they
    F!@#ed one of my buddies who was an ag dealer for them.

10. A.D Services

A.D Services LawnSite Member

you could always look at the everride scorpion or the great dane super surfer they are basically the same think but i think they are cheaper.