1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Know how...to start

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by funkey, May 21, 2005.

1. funkey

funkey LawnSite Member

Well, I'm a middle schooler and I'm thinking about making my own summer job. Lawn mowing wieghs strongly on my mind. So, I'm thinking about lawn mowing. It's not gonna be some high industrial thing, just some average yards in my neighborhood. Just enough for a few extra bucks. I've got a Stanley push-behind mower. I just plan on mowing the front and back, no trim or anything like that.

I need to know what I need to do before I start, at what to expect when I start.

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

What you need to know, sounds to me like your off to a great start-just mowing works for us you might get your high residentials to sign a contract say cut only no trimming this will keep your work so you won't have any scrubs to push in on your turf. best of luck
  3. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

Do the best that you can and the jobs will come, take pride in all you do...good luck...
  4. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<marquee loop="infinite" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></marquee>
    Hi funkey,

Good for you! Feel free to use any of our flyer templates. Customize them to your needs and get them out to your potential customers.