Knowledge Improvements?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TOSLC, Jan 16, 2001.

1. TOSLC

TOSLC LawnSite Member

Does anyone know of any up coming green industries shows, small business management courses, or anything else related to the field in the way of training.

A web-site or two would also be helpful.

Don't get me wrong, this one is great. I would just like to attend a course on business management before the school of hard knocks catches up!
  2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Find someone with a Principles of Accounting book that you can borrow. This will give some really valuable info on the business side of things. Shows you about accounts, financial statements and some principles of business. Pay real close attention to the cash flows sections. This is the most important analysis that a small business can have. Lets you see and control the cash flow, and that is what you are after. Your not interested in beating the street estimate on earnings. Who cares if you make $1.05 per share. All that matters to a small business is that you bring in more cash than you send out. When you have the outflow under control, then you have the hardest part licked.

In my business consulting days, this was the one point I always tried to drive home. I have never had anyone come back and say I was wrong.
  3. TOSLC

TOSLC LawnSite Member

Thanks, This is exactly what I was looking for!!!
  4. Scape Sculptor

Scape Sculptor LawnSite Member

TOSLC, check out the CENTS post, it is a great show and short course. One of the postings have a hyper link.