Knoxville Raceway

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Lawn Enforcer, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

Well, my Dad and myself made our "pilgrimage" to the "Midwest Mecca of Mud"
    that is Knoxville Raceway on Saturday night, April 28th. It was the Budweiser World of Outlaws Spring Challenge, plus 360's. Absolutely awesome facility, even better racing. Fast and awesome. Some big crashes too. Everyone should visit this track at least once in their life. I know I will go back again.

knoxville 07 007.jpg

2. Lawn Enforcer

Here is a shot of the Hall of Fame and Museum building, very cool place to visit before the races.

knoxville 07 002.jpg

3. IA_James

IA_James LawnSite Silver Member
    from Iowa

The 360's are cool, but there is nothing like watching the Outlaws down there. Even if you're not a race fan, you ought to see these guys. Doing something like 155 at the end of the straights on a 1/2 mile D shaped oval.

4. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

aww come on.. your teasing us dirt lovers.post some more pics please.. Ive racing on Knoxville speedway many times.. But it was racing online.. Yes the high groove in the game was the fastest also..

5. Lawn Enforcer

Here is a picture of one of the best parts of the show, the 4-wide salute to the fans

knoxville 07 006.jpg

6. Lawn Enforcer

A shot of the 4-wide going into turn # 1, 26 car, 25 lap A-Main

knoxville 07 005.jpg

7. Lawn Enforcer

A shot of the pits before the races, we had great seats section E (right behind the flagstand) and in row 38, really high up with a good view of the whole track.

knoxville 07 001.jpg

8. Lawn Enforcer

I only got a couple of racing shots, pretty tough to get a descent picture when they are going as fast as they were! It was a fun day at the races, even if Donny Schatz won, (I'm a Joey Saldana fan), but they really gave a good race!

knoxville 07 003.jpg

9. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

woohoo the famous 4 wide salute

10. tat900

tat900 LawnSite Senior Member

If you love sprint cars go to knox nationals . THe outlaws are coming to west memphis this sat at riverside . This will be historic 1/4 gumbo runiing ten sec laps