1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

kodiak c4500

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by deerewashed, May 18, 2010.

1. deerewashed

deerewashed LawnSite Senior Member

hi i am just wondering if they still make them. i am always making a list of goals and equipment that i would like to purchase maybe sometime in the future. how much do these run price wise now adays for the crecab and regular cab?
  2. Lawn Man Dave

Lawn Man Dave LawnSite Senior Member

3. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

In other words they're a thing on the past.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. cat320

cat320 LawnSite Senior Member

gm stoped making all there heavy and medium duty trucks but if your looking you may still find a new left over on a lot somewhere.
  5. deerewashed

deerewashed LawnSite Senior Member

ya thanks guys....my local dealer used to have a few....now they have only 3500 with 9 foot beds......that is pretty much all they make nowadays
  6. MikeKle

MikeKle LawnSite Platinum Member

Did they also stop making the W series trucks, similar to the isuzu trucks? I guess they stopped making the heavy and medium duty trucks due to all the problems they are having? I wonder if they will ever come back? But GMC/ chevy probably wont even be a company too much longer anyway! Well, I guess it will be the big 2 then? Dodge and ford. I never thought Id see the day when GM is in peril!
  7. G. Ramey

G. Ramey LawnSite Senior Member

GM will be just fine. They have already paid their loan back to the government. I love the 4500s. We have four of them 2-2008 models and 2-2009 models. one of the 2009s is a gmc, the other three are chevys. Gm tried to sell the medium and heavy duty lines to Isuzu, but the sell didn,t happen. No one has picked up the line so the trucks are no more.
  8. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

GM repaid it's loan to the government with another loan from the government
  9. salopez

salopez LawnSite Senior Member

Just as an FYI GM announced that they are looking to get back in the class
    4-7 catagories again
  10. poolboy

poolboy LawnSite Silver Member
    from earth

Came here to say THIS. GM didn't pay back jack.