Kohler 23 hp Air Filter

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by RKISTNER1, Jul 20, 2005.

1. RKISTNER1

RKISTNER1 LawnSite Member

Purchased my JDf687 new in March 05 , Went to dealer yesturday to order the Heavy duty (canistor type) air filter. Dealer says it's N/A can't get it ,no longer avail. Anyone know of another source? JD's website was no help. Thanks Rich in MIchigan.

2. thecrankshaft

thecrankshaft LawnSite Member

What model do you have CH23 or CV23? A spec or sn would be nice. I have an accesories catalog, and with Kohler Plus I would be able to look it up for you. Let me know!

3. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

You can get this filter at any Authorized Kohler Dealer, The part # is 25 083 01-S for the air filter and part # 25 083 04-S for the pre filter.
    Providing you do have the Kohler Engine.

4. RKISTNER1

Dude---=ch235,s/n = 3224202101 54" 7 iron 4eck..thanks in advance.rich in bloomfield

5. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

The above #

6. RKISTNER1

Thank you !

7. RKISTNER1

:dizzy:My thread did not come across like I wanted. I'm looking for the entire canister assy. I currently have foam & paper on the carb. :help:

8. thecrankshaft

thecrankshaft LawnSite Member

That'd be a CH23S (not CH235, S is for electric start).

Elbow/Adapter Kit 24 743 25-s
    Air Cleaner Kit* 24 743 22-s
    Air Cleaner Kit** 24 743 23-s

*For engine mounted air cleaner
    **For remote mounted air cleaner

You need the elbow adaptor kit to fit the heavy duty air cleaner if the engine currently doesn't have one. With this setup, you can also install an elbow mounted or remote filter minder to monitor the condition of the air cleaner.

The part numbers that restrorob gave you will work for replacement filters, and he is correct in saying you can order this at a Kohler Dealer near you.

Hope this helps :cool2:

9. Jman

Jman LawnSite Member

You will need two part numbers. The first is 24 743 25-S, it is the elbow/adapter kit. You will also need a 24 743 22-S. This is the heavy duty air filters. These two numbers will allow you to mount the air filter to the top of the engine. IF you have a plastic intake manifold, that would have to be switched to the aluminum intake. I believe by your serial numbers that is old enough to have the aluminum intake already.

10. RKISTNER1

Thanks alot Jman & Crankshaft. I heading in the right direction now. Rich in MIch