Kohler 27 hp oil pump?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by TimNNJ, Mar 6, 2013.

1. TimNNJ

TimNNJ LawnSite Senior Member

Hey here is a picture of what I believe to be the oil pump?..I am going to do the maintenance on it next week..she loses a decent amount of oil through the week...once in the morning it may blow a little smoke but through the day none..as you can see in the picture oil is either seeping through the beginning of the line or somewhere else...the engine has about 1800hrs on it..what are your suggestions?..thanks in advance

photo.JPG

2. piston slapper

piston slapper LawnSite Platinum Member

Nope...thats the oil cooler...replace the hoses...
    It has no effect on the smoking...unless oil gets on the muffler and burns

3. TimNNJ

Cool thanks ..I thought that would be it but wanted to double check on here..I appreciate the input

4. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Hey Tim if you don't have a cracked oil cooler just replace the lines I always use the made in the U.S.A.,Dayco 3/8" transmission oil cooler hose for all of my oil cooler projects :waving:

5. TimNNJ

Hey thanks for the advice...will do.. I will do the oil change and replace those hoses ..

6. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

Make sure not to get just any rubber line but specifically oil line such as the Dayco that was recommended, otherwise about 30 days down the road the oil will have eaten through the rubber and those hoses will start spewing oil everywhere.