Kohler 27 or Kaw 25? Need help choosing.

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by beaubob, Jun 19, 2004.

?

What is your pick??

1. 25 Kawasaki AC

9 vote(s)
    64.3%
  2. 27 Kohler AC

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
  1. beaubob

beaubob LawnSite Member

Thanks to this forum and all the great info here, I have decided that am picking up a Hustler Super Z this week for my 5 acre property. I am only trying to decide wether to go with the 25 Kaw or 27 Kohler AC. I have read some good comments about both engines. It looks like the 27 Kohler just recently came out on the Z. The Kaws look like they have been around a long time with good reviews. I have demo'ed them both briefly, they seem about the same to me. The dealer I'm going to buy from only carries the Kaw because he says that what all the local guys buy. Anybody have comments on high or thick grass mowing differences on these? Or any long term service concerns with either one? Right now I am leaning towards the Kawasaki.

Thanks

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The Kohler has been out for about 1 year now on our product and has been a excellent engine.
    The Kawasaki also has been excellent.
    It is going to come down to which engine your dealer is going to give you the best support on, and from what it sounds like it is the Kawasaki.
    I dont foresee you having to have the engine worked on for a long time either way.
    Either choice will be a winner for you, those 5 acres are going to get cut pretty quick !

Pj