Kohler 27hp Oil Filter

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joallen001, Jun 10, 2004.

1. joallen001

joallen001 LawnSite Member
    from TN

I have the super z and was wondering what everybody uses for their oil filter and fuel filter? I was thinking of going with wix. Can you guys give me some part numbers of the filters you are using and the price.

2. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I use wix 51056, the short ones, heard you could use B/S oil filter for a vanguard. The wix's are 6.98 apiece. I may try the wix for briggs, there cheaper in price.

3. ZX12R

ZX12R LawnSite Senior Member

I have been usung wix for years .

4. turf9

turf9 LawnSite Member

while we are on the topic can anyone tell me a fram # for 20 hp command vtwin ???????

5. timinkc

timinkc LawnSite Member

i use wix...after all this equiptment feeds my family!

6. joallen001

joallen001 LawnSite Member
    from TN

wriken, I have been researching the wix filter and you can get the 51056 for $5.67 at filter1.com. Shipping is also free when you get six or more. I think I may just order some for my truck also.

7. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

i'd contact the manufacturer (engine) and ask what micron rating each filter needs to be then check the specs of whatever brand you are buying, especially for the fuel filters.

8. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

I can buy genuine Kohler oil filters from a local dealer for $4.50 each, if I buy a case of 10. You guy's ever shop Kohler dealers for pricing??? At $4.50 I'll stick w/ the OEM filter especially if the engine is under warranty.

9. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

At that price I think I will check my dealer for them.

joallen001
    Thats a great price, I order all my filters from filter1, you must buy more from them then me, I believe they price on how much you buy from them. I ordered 6 of the 51056's on 6-2-04, for $41.86 works out to 6.98. Maybe they do somehow charge for the shipping in there somehow, but I'm in MI, their in cato, NY, not really that far, maybe your closer. I do like wix filter's though. I use them in 4 mowers, 2 ford diesel's and a 400 and a 600 twin polaris quad. I go thru alot of mower filter's, change @ 40-50 hours.