Kohler Ch25s-68695

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Breezmeister, May 18, 2009.

1. Breezmeister

Breezmeister LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from South Jersey

About a month ago, I had a Kohler CH25s, Spec 68695 on a Exmark Laser Z come in with a leaking lower cooler hose. It did not have the original Kohler hose on it, instead there was a piece of Transmission cooler hose on there. Any way, I replaced the hose with the Kohler hose kit. While replacing the hose I noticed that the nipple had a crease in it, like it was bent out of shape and then bent back into shape. Didn't think much of it at the time....I got a call today, the hose is leaking again.

So I'm thinking that where the nipple connects to the fitting that mounts next to the filter housing is what is leaking, opinions ?

If this is the case, can I just get the lower fitting from Kohler ? I looked on the Kohler site and could not find a part number other then the whole oil cooler (54 755 21s)

If I can not get the fitting, is there a part number for the filter housing with the two nipples ?

1.jpg

ericg likes this.
  2. Breezmeister

Male, from South Jersey

Bump :confused:

ericg likes this.
  3. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry I missed this one Breez,

I couldn't find just the fitting either just now, I called Kohler last month trying to get just a base alone (was cracked) but had to get the whole kit.

I would take the fitting out and hit the local auto parts and hardware stores, If I remember correctly they are nothing more than a pipe thread with the barbed end.

Cya

4. Breezmeister

Male, from South Jersey

I spent a little bit of time going thew the CH25 specs the other night hoping to find just the base. When I didn't fine any thing, figured that you or M/M would have more insight in dealing with Kohler.

Will do that when he drops the machine off next week to have bearings put in his front wheels of his Lazer. There is a truck parts deal just around the corner from here, they make up hydraulic hoses for me. I remember seeing something like that on a BobCat skid steer when I was crawling around in the innered :laugh:

Thanks Restro, have a safe Memorial Day

ericg likes this.
  5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

To expand on what Restrorob said...
    And this might be obvious...

But it sounds like something you might find in the plumbing section of Home Depot.