Kohler filters from Amazon..............

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by ZX12R, Oct 26, 2013.

1. ZX12R

ZX12R LawnSite Senior Member

are junk. Online,they look like originals and said "extra capacity",so,I figured they were the larger filter. Wrong.......I ordered 6 last week and sent them back. They were shorter and when looking inside,most of the media was exposed.

Previously,and for years with no problems,I was using a standard Wix filter #51348 for the Kohler 26 and the Kawi 23 HP motors.After doing some research,I will now be using Napa Gold 1348 filter which has the Glass Enhanced Cellulose media.Here are the specs on it.

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx/Oil-Filter-Gold-/_/R-FIL1358_0183439530

S.A.E. Technical papers report the greatly increased efficiency of glass enhanced filter media for particle retention capabilities in the 4 to 22 micron range, the particle size most effective in greatly reducing engine wear. Glass enhanced media also provides the added benefit of higher levels of dirt holding capacity without increased flow restriction (back pressure).

What is everyone else using out there?

2. tigerepairdotcom

tigerepairdotcom LawnSite Senior Member

I realize were talking oil buy I wanted to mention air filters! K&N has filters available for most mowers I have a Honda harmony gcv160 and I use a lifetime k&n filter 33-2238.

3. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Do you have K & N filters for the 23hp Kaw with Donaldson air cleaner?

4. tigerepairdotcom

5. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Not sure if that filter will fit.

The Kawi number is 110137020. I have sent a message to the vendor you listed in hopes of finding an exact fit.

Thanks for your help.

ericg likes this.
  6. tigerepairdotcom

the direct filter replacment for that kawasaki 110137020 part# is K&N E-4961
    $35 http://www.ebay.com/itm/K-N-E-4961-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a2ca04ea2&vxp=mtr

its dimensions are
    PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS
    Product Style: Round Air Filter
    Height: 10.75 in (273 mm)
    Inner Wire: No
    Inside Diameter: 2.625 in (67 mm)
    Outside Diameter: 4.125 in (105 mm)
    Top Style: Rubber
    Top Material/Finish: None
    Air Filter Shape: Round
    Filter Material: Non-woven Synthetic
    Flanges: None