kohler -kawisaki

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by awm, May 28, 2002.

1. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

i ask this on the commercial site anobody wanted to touch it. i run my kohler 3750 -3800 rpm. could i do that if i got an lazer with a kaw engine. the kohler handles it fine. kinda need to know this.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

awm:

:rolleyes: Well, I can tell you what Kawasaki would tell you, and I bet you can guess without me giving you even one hint. I know Kohler would tell you the same thing about running their engines at 3750 - 3800.

Will the Kaw. handle it? Maybe, but anytime you modify an existing design that is not approved by the factory, you take a risk in voiding the 2-year warranty which goes through Kaw. or Kohler. The other question you have to ask yourself is how many hours are you going to shave off the life of that engine? Although 150 or 200 RPM doesn't sound like much, that will make a difference to an air-cooled engine.

Kawasaki and Kohler recommend that for our application we run their engines at X and Y RPM's. As a result, I really can't deviate from what they tell us. Maybe this post will spurn some interest amongst your fellow LS.com members. They may be able to give you more of a real world answer.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help,

Dustin
    Exmark Customer Support

3. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

your points are well taken and have already been considered. truth is the kohler takes it easy . i use mobile 1
    and she runs cool. as far as life of the engine ,im known for getting long life out of an engine but only time will tell.
    clean air and oil ,a must for longivity.
    thanks for the reply . if any one is running a kaw like i do ,id still like to hear from u.