1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Kohler M16 711562 replacement

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by mower284, Jun 28, 2008.

1. mower284

mower284 LawnSite Member

I am in need of a replacement Kohler engine. I have searched and came across many listed in the $1600-2400 range. My Walker's value does not warrent spending that much.

Spec PS-711562
    Model M16AQS
    Location Columbus OH

The price I am hoping to find is ~1200-1400 for the engine. Also, a replacement short block for ~900-1100 would get me back in business too.

2. VegetiveSteam

VegetiveSteam LawnSite Senior Member

$1300.00 for a short block and $2000.00 for a brand new complete engine is the best I can see. That's going to be a very hard application to put in anything other than what was in it originally. The AQ on the end of the model number makes it a pretty special application and unless you know exactly what you are doing if you put any other engine in there you will more than likely cook it. You engine has a unique oil pan on it which first of all is going to make it very difficult to mount any other engine and your engine also has special ducting on it to make sure the cooling air flows across it properly. If your walker isn't worth 2 grand then I may just take that and invest in a new mower.
  3. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member