Kohler Magnum 18

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Sandro15, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Sandro15

Sandro15 LawnSite Member

I have a Craftsman rider with a Kohloer Magnum 18 that does not receive fuel to the carb. Needle is not sticking, spark is good, fuel and fuel filter are both new. Not sure if this motor has a fuel pump or not. I disconnected the fuel line to the carb and turned the motor and nothing comes out. Does anyone have a clue about why this is happening.. thanks for your help

2. stronics

stronics LawnSite Member
    from 44047

Follow the fuel line, it will tell you if it has a fuel pump on it or not. As I remember there is one, a mechanical on the top of the engine. Can't remember for sure though.
    David

3. MowerMedic77

MowerMedic77 LawnSite Bronze Member

Does the fuel tank have an on/off valve? Is it open? Pull the line before it comes into the fuel filter and see if you have flow.

4. Sandro15

Sandro15 LawnSite Member

thanks guys, i did a little more reading and i was able to find the fuel pump. Like you said STRONICS, it is a mechanical one on the front of the engine. Now i did check the fuel flow right before the filter MOWERMEDIC and its flowing fine so now the only thing between the filter and the carb is the pump. Should i go ahead and replace it?????

5. MowerMedic77

MowerMedic77 LawnSite Bronze Member

Remove it and test it first, you should be able to actuate the pkup lever manually with the fuel line connected and see if it pumps.