Kohler Magnum MV-20

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by jphips, Apr 6, 2006.

1. jphips

jphips LawnSite Member

I have a Wizard (Western Auto) garden tractor with a Kohler Magnum MV-20 in it. All of a sudden at the end of last year it developed a problem. It starts and runs at high and low idle beautifullly, but after running for anywhere from 10 minutes to 30 minutes it will immediately die, like someone turned off the key. It doesn't peter out, putt, or diesel as it dies. Then it refuses to start for at least 12 hours, but then it starts like a champ and the whole process repeats itself. Help, any suggestions please. I have replaced/gapped the plugs, changed the and gapped the coil, replaced the fuel filter, replaced/changed the oil, checked wires, etc. What am I overlooking?

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Since you decided to start another thread I post on this one. Disconnect the white kill wire from the harness plug on the side of the engine and try it again. This will eliminate the tractor harness from the engine. Check the back of the ignition switch at the battery post, They corrode and cause a bad connection that will burn the switch contacts inside and could be causing the problem once it gets heated up.

3. jphips

jphips LawnSite Member

Restrorob,
    Thanks thank for the info I will try this next.