Kohler Missing!

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by 2k1yzfr1, Sep 29, 2004.

1. 2k1yzfr1

2k1yzfr1 LawnSite Senior Member

I just had my choke fixed on the carb on my 12.5 kohler....somehow a limb hit the choke and broke a stop off and it was always on choke. Anyways since then it's been missing, but only when the blades are disengaged. When the blades are engaged and you are mowing it runs great. I pulled the carb back off it today and made sure everything was clean. Any ideas what it could be??

2. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

Is sounds as if the limb may have hit the governor as well. You can go to the Kohler web site and download the shop manual (for FREE) on how to adjust it. This manual is not a little owners manual it is a 300 page complete tare down and rebuild manual.

3. 2k1yzfr1

I forgot to add that it also misses at all RPM's. Whenever it misses/cuts out the throttle are starts moving back and forth. :confused:

4. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

Check the governor. The governor is out of adjustment or you have trash in the carb or the carb is out of adjustment. You said a tree limb hit it so you could even have an air leak from a damaged intake or carb. Or you could have water in your gas.

5. 2k1yzfr1

I pulled apart the carb this evening, cleaned it with carb cleaner and blew out all the passages with compressed air, then put it back together and it runs good as new. Thanks for the suggestions.