1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Kohler or Honda for Fastrak

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by AndHeDrew, May 3, 2005.

1. AndHeDrew

AndHeDrew LawnSite Member

I just ordered a Fastrak 52" w/Kohler Courage 20hp. Was wondering what pricing is for that model and whether I should opt for the Honda. I'm trying to save as much as possible as my wife is upset with me for spending so much but I hate to "settle" for anything less that what I should need. I am cutting about 2 to 2 1/2 acres residential.
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The unit you ordered has a MSRP of $5,099.00 and the Honda 20hp version has a MSRP of $5,699.00.
    Both units have a spring promo of $700.00 off MSRP until the end of the month. (at participating dealers)

3. Gautreaux's LNG

Gautreaux's LNG LawnSite Senior Member

I highly recommend the Honda, twin cylinder OHV engine vs. the single cylinder Kohler. We only stock the Honda at our shop, we just feel for the $600.00 it's worth every penny. Quieter, and smoother..... the Honda is an awesome engine!
  4. fastrackguy

fastrackguy LawnSite Member

Hey....if you want to save a few bucks I recommend going with the Honda 18 hp engine. It has the same displacement as the 20 hp. and the same torque just 2 horses less...you probably won't even notice because my Fastrack with 18 hp Honda doesn't even bog in 10 in grass! You won't be dissapointed!
  5. AndHeDrew

AndHeDrew LawnSite Member

Thanks Fastrackguy. I'd actually changed my order to the 18 hp Honda today because my dealer was able to get it in about a week sooner than the Kohler model. He gave me an additional $200 off the extra price of the Honda for "inconveniencing" me (he knew I was trying to save as much as possible and that I need a mower ASAP because my grass was already in need of a cut when I sold my old tractor last weekend!). I was going to ask you guys whether the 18 hp Honda was a good one but now I don't have to. Am going to pick up my Fastrak this weekend. Will post my findings!