1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

kohler or kaw

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by keith@a1 lawn, Aug 17, 2001.

1. keith@a1 lawn

keith@a1 lawn LawnSite Member

which would you go with, i'm pretty much sold on exmark but can't decide which engine to get kohler or the kaw :confused:

thanks, keith

2. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I have said this before so I will say it again.

Let's see.

One is made from a company that has a long history in motorcycles, boats, jetski's (alot of small engines things)

The other is a maker of faucets.

You decide.;)

You might want to do a search on this since this has been discussed many times.

3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

From what I've read and seen, I would get a 26 efi if I got a Kohler or the 27 LC Kaw if I got a Kaw.

4. leaflawnandlimb

leaflawnandlimb LawnSite Member

I have one Kohler 25 and one dihatsu 31 hp, but I hear the kawi liquid cooled 27 is real nice.

5. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I will probably go with the 26 Kohler when I buy a new mower.

6. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

Kawi,but if i had to have another Kohler(scarey thought),it would be the 26EFI.

7. VINNY MINELLA

VINNY MINELLA LawnSite Member

I HAVE A 23 L. C. KAWI ON MY LAZER AND I LOVE IT. KAWI ALL THE WAY.

8. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

Last week when i demoed a Scag Walkbehind it had the 17hpKaw which is a good engine,that model of Scag usually comes with the 16hp Vanguard which is my favorite engine but the dealer told me hes going to run the Kawis on them and that the Vanguards by Dihatsu were alittle to pricey and he could get the Kaws cheaper. I really don't know which engine i would take on the Kohler or Kaw,so far ive had no problems with my Kohler and never had a Kaw,but still love the Vanguards. I really do think which ever engine you pick will do well if you do your preventive maintainece on it . Marks Mowing Service

9. That was rude!

BTW Yamaha doesn't make engines for lawn mowers so they are out

And I take a Kohler any day over a Kaw.

Here is a thread to look at.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php? s=&threadid=14537

LGF:blob1:

10. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

I talked to my dealer, he says Kawasaki is the Cadillac of mower engines, thus this choice is easy.