Kohler or Kawasaki

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by swalsh, Nov 14, 2013.

1. swalsh

swalsh LawnSite Member

I am considering a Bobcat fast track pro 52" Main reason for Bobcat is I can get a decent trade for my Ex mark. My question is, Kohler with EFI or Kawasaki without EFI for less money. I lean towards Kawasaki, but really do not have a reason for that, just a feeling. Input? Are there better mowers for the same money. New to the game and looking for help.

2. Dr. Cornwallis

Dr. Cornwallis LawnSite Senior Member

I would go kawi, I don't know anyone around here with anything nice to say about Kholer.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. swalsh

swalsh LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reply. I just like Kawasaki. Gut feeling.

4. johnnyusa

johnnyusa LawnSite Senior Member

Kohler definitely with efi way smoother and better fuel economy if they both had carbs. I would choose the kawi
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. baileylawnservice

baileylawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

I have ran kawasaki for years, I am considering kohler with efi next. I just bought a giant vac with a vanguard and I really like the motor. So now i am not sure either.

6. zo6

zo6 LawnSite Senior Member

Kawi hands down

7. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Own both and like each of them. The math seems to favor the kohler after a period of time. Otherwise, it is a matter of personal preference.

8. Quix

Quix LawnSite Member

I bought a new Turf Tracer this year with the efi Kohler. It had to go to the shop for a couple weeks and they loaned me a unit. It was exact same mower, with 15 hours on it, but with a kaw. Gas usage went like this......Kohler 6 hours on a tank.....Kaw 4, yes 4 hours. No way would I ever put up with that. Also the Kaw really didn't have a muffler shield of any size. I was worried about starting a fire when I would mow under pine trees, etc. If the wind was blowing just right you could hear the grass sizzle when it landed on the muffler. No thanks.

9. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Ya I noticed that.....what's up with no muff shield on the new TT's?

10. Marshmallow

Marshmallow LawnSite Senior Member
    from IL

kawasaki has more maintenance with the valves, also non efi will use much more fuel. They both have a solid warranty. I have chosen Kohler due to the past issues with kawasakis big blocks.