Kohler says more then 1 acre a week is abuse on their engine!

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by llee3, Jun 6, 2011.

1. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah but on all the Kawasaki's the dang exhaust is opposite the discharge chute so no matter how I ride past plants and
    flowerbed I'm either blowing chunks of grass into the beds or I risk killing the plant by blowing REALLY hot air at it.

Because it will kill it, a good shot of exhaust aimed right at some plant will kill it better than Round up will.

On a Kohler the exhaust is on the same side as the mower's discharge chute, so there's a direction I can ride past a flower bed
    or a bunch of plants without creating a totally stressful situation.

So anyhow, glad to hear you got it fixed.

Honestly I really didn't care to hear all of that mostly because that's what everybody always says, maybe you didn't
    appreciate what I had to say but I'm here trying to highlight the plight of the American worker and you think I'm stupid?
    What would happen to you if you had a real emergency?
    You done used up some of that free ride, that's what.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2011
  2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Tops..... Did you skip your medication again ???

WTF does any of your gibberish have to do with Kohler's warranty ???

If Kohler were to make any changes to their warranty, I'm POSITIVE they would notify ALL dealers before any consumers.

Let me tell ya bubba....YOU may have been left behind, BUT in my business one MUST stay on top of EVERYTHING and attend yearly seminars for every brand equipment sold in order to maintain dealership/warranty status....

Where have I been ?

Certainly not kicked back on my PC racking up my post count with gibberish.

Oh..... Not to be a wise guy.....

Geeez

3. weapons of grass destruction

weapons of grass destruction LawnSite Member

Glad you got it fixed:)

4. piston slapper

piston slapper LawnSite Platinum Member

Thanx Rob...You made my day....

Topsites..I'm sure there are alot of forums on this site in which opinions can be constructive....The people who post in the mechanics and repair forum are looking for good advice that wont waste their money or get them hurt. When giving advice, just ask yourself....
    Would you take your own advice ?

This is one of the best lawn repair forums on the web...Lets keep it that way.

JUST MY OPINION

SLAPPER

5. VegetiveSteam

VegetiveSteam LawnSite Senior Member

I wish I knew who you talked to.

6. vasawdoc

vasawdoc LawnSite Member

kohler and exmark consumer (not a dealer) tech lines are a joke. bet you have a bad mercury switch on your exmark (real prone to going bad due to moisture). as far as the life of the engine kohlers got some issue going on with their bore material , havent gotten a good answer from anybodu though but if its legit manufacturing defect kohler will stand behind it even with more hours than it should have an acre a week is just some college grad that wasted a ton of money on a worthless education and took the first job that would hire him