Kohler TH16s / 2000 Walker Model C

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by WLC, Sep 22, 2004.

1. WLC

WLC LawnSite Member
    from NE TN

168 pampered hours and she took a dirt nap. Upon disassembly.... the #1 cylinder sleeve dropped out of the alum. block about 1/4"......somehow the sleave managed to slip by the bolthead that covers the bottom edge of the sleave and the cast alumn.???? The rings went beyond the sleave at TDC, expanded, and then Poof! Currently looking for an alternative to correct this..... Anyone put the CV18 in this mower.......I see Walker quickly removed the TH series from their mower line-up and replaced it with the CV18. I haven't looked in-depth as to if this is feasible with my mower......... I've heard this is another Kohler to stay away from much like 25hp of earlier days. Your/Any input is greatly appreciated!

2. ztrlvr

ztrlvr LawnSite Member
    from US

Walker has a kit to swap to the 18 horse. With that low of hours it is possible that it could be under warranty, if not Walker I would think Kohler would have some consideration in the matter(168 hrs), but I bet walker will stand behind it. I have a 2001 MC with the 18 horse swap. Works great.

3. WLC

WLC LawnSite Member
    from NE TN

Thanks! ZTRLVR

Did your 01' model come w/ the 16HP? What's the conversion kit consist of?
    Thanks again!

4. ztrlvr

ztrlvr LawnSite Member
    from US

Mine came with the 16 horse. The engine expired at 500 hrs. The kit comes with engine, muffler and muffler sield, new rear bumper,air intake hose, template for cutting out body panel(for dome on engine), actuator rod, splash guard, throttle cable, and all needed hardware. there are 3 different kits, one for SD model, one for 6.7 bushel GHS and one for 9.5