kohler won't stay cranked

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by salemtiger, Aug 3, 2004.

1. salemtiger

salemtiger LawnSite Member

I have a walker mower that cut off as I was taking it off the trailor, I can crank it and it will run anywhere from a second to eight seconds, but will not stay cranked. It has a koeler 25hp solid state ignition, I pulled a plug and it appears that there is not a spark while cranking. Any thoughts as to what the problem could be? The Walker dealer says he is backlogged and can not look at it for three weeks.

TIA

2. snapperboy

snapperboy LawnSite Member

ok maby u should buy a new sparkplug that might be a suggestion and im not trying to be a smart butt

3. salemtiger

salemtiger LawnSite Member

I replaced the plugs already, also have checked that gas and air are there, am missing spark at the plug. There is a encapsulated modual sitting on top of the right drive that has a PC board edge connector extruding from it with four land lines that were corroded pretty bad, am courious as to its function, it is mounted on top of a relay modual. I suspect that the smart spark modual is defective, but need to know how to check it.

Robert

4. snapperboy

snapperboy LawnSite Member

well cut th wires off then clean all the crud off them then solder them back on try that