Kohler

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jaybee, Sep 14, 2000.

1. jaybee

jaybee LawnSite Member

I have a 25 h.p. Kohler in my Lazer. It has 250 hours on it and it just purrs like a kitten. I bought the machine used with 25 hours on it last June so I've been pushing it pretty good. I know of two other owners with the same machine and over 400 hours and no problem. Any chance that Kohler had a bad run of engines. Anybody else out there happy with there Kohler 25?

2. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah right now I am happy with mine but I feel as if I am walking on egg shells when I am using it waiting for something to fail.

People are bragging about them running after a few hundred hours! You should expect it to run great with that little bit of use. Any engine having major problems before 1000 hours, if it is maintained, is unacceptable.

3. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

We never had problems with these motors 20hp and 25 hp 1300hrs and 1000hrs Iknow thats not high hours but ran great although updated to a new 25hp and a new 26hp EFI all in Walker mowers.

4. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

If you do 100 customers and ONLY 30 complain each week, do YOU think you're doing a good job?

70% might be passing in school, it's not in the real world.

1999 and newer Kohlers seem to be more reliable.

5. Jerrys Lawn Service

Jerrys Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Hi, we have a 25hp Kohler on our Scag Turf Tiger and it runs
    like a gem! 300+ hours!

Good Luck!
    jerryslawnservice@home.com

6. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

I traded mine back in with 260 hrs, was a 98 model. I parked it in the garage until I could get rid of it.They make 400 hrs then watch out. I've seen a few 98 models with head problems around that time, and my mechanic said mine was sounding bad. Why chance it.