1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

kohlor 25

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Evan528, Feb 2, 2000.

1. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

i have a new toro z master with a 25 hp kohlor command horizonal shaft. i have read so much on here about problems with the head gasket blowing and ill be truly pissed if this happens to my 4 month old mower. please let me no if this is just happening to the older engines or if i should be concerned? thanx, Evan
  2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I think they have them fixed now. Most of the headgaskets I heard about blowing out, happened in the first 30 hours. Don't worry, it has a 2 year warranty on it. I have only heard of it happening on the Verticle shaft engines, but that's not to say it didn't happen on the Horizontals though.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.townserver.com/elm/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>
  3. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

From the guys I've spoken with, the 1999 and newer Kohlers are okay. I didn't buy any last year because we switched over to Kawasaki's.<p>You should be fine.
  4. ZYAL8R

ZYAL8R LawnSite Member
    from ny

how do you like the kawi's????<br>do they have enough power? i was thinking of getting one when i bought my turf tiger last spring but was unsure with the lack of 3hp vs the 25 kohler. there is only about 3 times a year when it is crazy hot that i wish i had the liquid, otherwise i am happy with the 25hp kohler. good on gas but as a few said, it gets picky when u go to start it and its cold out, but nothing to worry about. <br>