Kolher 26hp fuel injection

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Bond's Lawn Keepers, Dec 29, 2003.

1. Bond's Lawn Keepers

Bond's Lawn Keepers LawnSite Member

Has anyone had any problems with their Kolher 26hp fuel injection motor. I have already put two computer chips in my motor. This mower is only 16 month old. The first one went out because the dealer mechanic told me to take the battery wire off while it was running to see if the battery was charging. Dumb me i took it off and it blow the computer chip. But now the chip went out last week again.

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Bond if its on an exmark go to there site and see if it they can help you.
    John

3. taylob

taylob LawnSite Member
    from Texas

First off the guy that told you to pull the positive lead off the battery may not realize that a voltage spike occured and that is why you blew the ECU (Electronic Control Unit) on your engine. The second reason you may have blown ECU was from jump starting. Kohler now does not recommend jump starting due to this issue. You have several spikes when connecting a jumper battery, and then disconnecting. Also, if your unit has an electric clutch, you could possibly cause a spike through it when engaging and disengaging. Is you unit an Exmark? If so you may want to e-mail them with your concerns and more information of your equipment, at Exmark.com or through there link on this web site.